The GWDC has an extensive program for boys! The Boys' Ballet Scholarship Program is intended to support and nurture boys’ interest and training in ballet. Ballet training offers students the unique combination of demanding physical challenges, equal to or exceeding any athletic activity, and a creative, expressive outlet. This program also promotes self-discipline in a non-competitive environment. The GWDC Boys' Ballet Scholarship Program is open to boys ages 8 and up who have completed one year of instruction at the Greater Washington Dance Center.
- Regular attendance and attentive behavior are required to maintain the scholarship privilege.
- Modern, Jazz, Tap, Musical Theatre and Hip Hop dance classes are not included in the Scholarship Program.
- Boys assigned to Ballet 4 and above are required to take a minimum of two ballet technique classes in combination with Boys Ballet in order to meet the scholarship requirements.
- The entry level for the boys program is our highly popular Boys Only! Class. This class is offered at half-price.
- Students are required to wear suitable dance attire including ballet shoes, T-shirt, and tights or leggings.
- All new students will be subject to a six week probationary period in order to ensure they possess personal interest and the necessary physical/intellectual/emotional maturity for a Boys' Ballet class.
- Parents are responsible for performance and recital fees.
- Summer training is separate and not included in the Boys Scholarship Program.